Job Announcement (1 Position)
Staff – 023 – 012014 – Sponsorship Coordinator
Plan International is a leading children’s development organisation; our vision is of a world in which all children realise their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan works in 50 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas following a Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach in which children, families and communities are active and leading participants in their own development.
Plan International in Liberia (Plan Liberia) guided by its Country Strategic Plan (2011 – 2015) delivers programs in Early Childhood Care and Development, Education, Health, Water & Sanitation and Children’s participation in decision making in partnership with the communites, Government and civil society. We are engaged in intensive long term interventions in 5 counties (Lofa, Bomi, Nimba, Grand Cape Mount and Gbarpolu) and reach out to all 15 counties with specific programs in Health and Child Protection.
Plan Liberia is committed to ensure Child Protection in all its interventions and processes. It also encourages women to apply and is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking to recruit:
Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Location: Country Office
Reports to: Sponsorship Support Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sponsorship Activities Management :
- Manage the caseload (new and existing quota) at the level of CO in collaboration with the Program Unit Managers for approval by the SSM
- Ensure that the sponsorship communication activities are in line with the organizations requirements and SB guidelines, polices and processes
- Analysis and report on sponsorship performance of Program Units and (CO office)
- Coordinate all sponsor visits to the PUs with NOs and ensure they are done in a professional way.
- Ensure guidelines for the process of identifying eligible children for the sponsorship program are followed during enrollment.
- Build capacities of staff and community volunteers on sponsorship issues
- Align area documents to reporting areas and ensure second level review before submitting to SSM. PAOs (Program Areas Overview), PAU (Program Areas Update), G/CMSC (Graduation, Cancellation Memo for the Sponsored Child) SCI and SCU (Sponsored Child Introduction, Sponsored Child Update) and other sponsorship communication materials.
- Manage the Sponsorship running cost PO at the level of CO
- Ensure 100% accuracy of data, timeliness and quality of all sponsorship communications products in PUs.
- Comply with sponsorship policies and procedures, as described in the Sponsorship Book
- Provide support to PUs proactively
- Make sure that PUs has effective working relationship with National Offices, WARO and IH with respect to sponsorship activities.
- Make sure that all sponsorship corporate systems are working and issues reported to helpdesk through SSM/ITC on time.
- Make sure that the PUs attains not less than 95% sponsorship communication production each quarter.
- With the support of the PUMs, make sure that the status of sponsored children is checked periodically and National offices updated of any changes immediately and data correction effected in the system.
- With the support of the PUMs, make sure that Sponsored Children are visited aleast once annually and summary of status reported as per agreed local processes
- Monitor and report on NOIs, with the support of the Sponsorship Assistants and PUMs make sure that NOIs are managed in a timely and professional manner in the Country Office.
- With the support of all staff, make sure that sponsors visits are managed effectively, taking into account Plan Child Protection Policy
- Prepare weekly communication production status report for the attention of SSM and PUMs.
- Supervise and evaluate Sponsorship Assistants and Casual workers at the Country Office.
- Ensure all weekly SC change status report are process by Sponsorship Assistants on time and send to PUs on time.
- Disseminate all updates on sponsorship book (including PU copies).
- Identify and solve sponsorship operational and tactical issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure staff are updated with sponsorship policy, processes and new developments
- Attend and participate in all sponsorship meetings Conduct quarterly field visits, submit reports and act on it
- Responsible for system updates.
- Monthly reports of working list per Sponsorship Assistant at CO.
- Records of timely upload of all approved and web based documents in Child Data
- Detailed report of field visits in the PUs per quarter.
- Acknowledge all NOIs daily and resolved in Child Data on time and of quality.
- Design control measures to ensure quality standards are met in all sponsorship products.
- Consolidate all the PUs Monthly/Quarterly sponsorship reports at the CO.
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy by making sure all sponsorship activities, processes and documents at PU level are in line with Plan’s Child protection policy
- Gender mainstreaming in sponsorship activities and maintain gender sensitivity to staff and associates
- Perform any other duties to be assigned by the SSM and others to support the achievement of organizational goals.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning and organization skills
- Time management skills
- Team building and coaching skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Good communication (oral and written) skills.
- Mastery of all sponsorship processes and procedures
The Sponsorship Coordinator would normally maintain effective, positive and professional relationships with all stakeholders; be proactive and has broad knowledge and interest in Program/Sponsorship activities; is a fast learner and interested in self development; model behaviour and objectivity or its equivalencies will be considered.
Last date for submission of Application (CV and cover letter) is: 4th February 2014 by 4:30pm
Email ID for Sending Applications: email@example.com
Hard copies will not be entertained. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.