|• Test and analyze samples to determine their content and characteristics, using laboratory apparatus or testing equipment.
• Compile and record testing and operational data for review and further analysis.
• Collect or prepare solid or fluid samples for analysis.
• Assemble, operate, and maintain field and laboratory testing, measuring, and mechanical equipment, working as part of a crew when required.
• Prepare notes, sketches, geological maps, or cross sections.
• Participate in geological, geophysical, geochemical, hydrographic, or oceanographic surveys, prospecting field trips, exploratory drilling, well logging, mine survey programs.
• Prepare, transcribe, or analyze seismic, gravimetric, well log, or other geophysical or survey data.
• Plot information from aerial photographs, well logs, section descriptions, or other databases.
• Participate in the evaluation of possible mining locations.
• Assess the environmental impacts of development projects on subsurface materials.
• Ensure the effective implementation of the quality system and represent the project on all quality related matters as required
• Prepare and review procedures, work instructions, forms and other standard project documents
• Participate in quality review meetings and ensure the implementation of the recommendations and decisions resulting from these meetings.
• Manage all quality non-conformances and ensure effective correction is taken
• Conduct regular reviews of the quality system, establish and implement an internal quality audit programmed, carry out quality audit as required
• Handle quality problems that cannot be handled by the project personnel
• Determine and report the causes of quality losses and non-conformances
• Monitor the quality system to determine where improvements can be made and recommend the necessary corrective action
• Maintain a library of the inspection and test plans, checklists, special process processes and other quality record sheets on the document management system